Servings: 2 Total Time: 30 minutes
• 1 lb Large Fresh Scallops
• 2 tbsp butter
• Salt & pepper
• 1 bunch of asparagus
• 2 tsp Garlic powder
• 1 tbsp Olive oil
• 3-4 quail eggs
• Prepared rice or rice pilaf
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay the scallops on a clean kitchen towel, pat the tops dry with another towel and let the scallops sit for 10 minutes to release any moisture.
2. In a small pot, bring 3 cups of water to a gentle boil. Boil the quail eggs for 2 minutes 30 seconds, rinse them in cold water then peel the eggs and set aside.
3. Prepare the asparagus, toss with salt, pepper, garlic power and olive oil and lay on a sheet pan, bake for 10 minutes.
4. Preheat a skillet to searing high heat and add olive oil.
5. Season scallops with salt and pepper. When skillet is smoking, add the scallops to the pan, making sure to evenly space them out so they are not touching. This is important to getting a great sear, cook them in batches if necessary.
6. Sear the scallops for 2 minutes then flip and sear for another 90 seconds.
7. When scallops are finished, turn off the heat, move them to one side of the pan, add butter and baste the scallops for 30 seconds.
6. Serve scallops on bed of prepared rice, with asparagus and jammy quail eggs!