Servings: 2 Total Time: 20 minutes
• Tuna steaks
• Black & white sesame seeds
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 2 tbsp butter
•1tbsp chile garlic sauce, or sambal oelek
• 1tsp rice wine vinegar
• 1tbsp safflower oil, or any other oil with high smoke point
• 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• 1/2 lb snow peas
• 1/2 lb dandelion greens
• Prepared White rice for serving
• Cilantro & lime wedges for serving
1. Prep the dandelion greens. Cut off thick stems and discard. Chop greens into 1in pieces. Fill a small pot with water and bring to a boil, boil the dandelion greens for 5 minutes to remove bitterness. Drain the greens and plunge into an ice bath or rinse in cold water. Using a clean kitchen towel, squeeze the greens to remove excess water. Set aside.
2. Prep the tuna steaks. Pat tuna dry with a paper towel. Splash a little soy sauce on each side of the steaks and rub it in using your hands. Sprinkle sesame seeds onto both sides of the steaks, gently pressing the seeds in to help them stick. Set the tuna aside and finish the vegetables.
3. In a medium wok or sauté pan, melt the butter. Sauté garlic for 1 minute, then add snow peas. Sauté peas 3 minutes, add 2tbsp soy sauce and 1tbsp chile garlic sauce, sauté another 2 minutes. (Now is a good time to heat your skillet for the tuna, you want it smoking hot to get a great sear.)
4. Add dandelion greens to snow peas, toss to combine. Lower heat to simmer to keep vegetables warm until tuna is finished.
5. Add 1 tbsp oil to skillet, and when it’s smoking hot, add your tuna steaks. Sear steaks for 90 seconds on each side. Remove from pan.
6. Toss 1 tsp rice wine vinegar with the snow peas and dandelion greens.
7. Serve with white rice, cilantro, lime wedges and soy sauce.