Recipe by Katherine Wants Servings: 2 Total Time: 30 minutes
• 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
• 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
• 1/4 cup freshly grated parmigiana
• 1/2 cup flour
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella
• 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
• 1/4 cup grated parmigiana
• 1/2 cup tomato sauce
• Salt and pepper
• 1 handful fresh basil
• 1/4 cup olive oil
1. Set up 3 medium bowls. In one, mix seasoned bread crumbs, panko bread crumbs and parmigiana together. In the second, put flour and in the last bowl, eggs.
2. Place chicken breasts into a plastic bag and pound with a meat mallet to 1/2" thickness.
3. Coat chicken in flour, then egg wash, and then bread crumbs. Finally, season with salt and pepper.
4. Bring olive oil up to heat in a cast iron pan and fry breasts on one side.
5. Remove excess oil and then flip. Top with tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, and then layer shredded mozzarella, tuck in basil and sprinkle with parmigiana.
6. Broil for 4-6 minutes. Remove when cheese is melting and chicken internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.